Singapore has a different place in the geography of the world. There are many such things in this country that separate this country from other countries such as language, living style, dress, culture, religion, business. Let us know about some such unique facts related to the country of Singapore and important events related to history, knowing which your knowledge will increase.
Singapore Country Quick General Knowledge
|Father/Founder of Country||Lee Kuan Yew|
|National Anthem of Country||Majulah Singapura, (Onward Singapore)|
Read Also: Name of the country, their capital and currency List
- Singapore is officially called the Republic of Singapore, a country in the south of Asia between Indonesia and Malaysia.
- Singapore gained independence from the United Kingdom (UK) on 31 August 1963, after which it merged with Malaysia in 16 September 1963 and then separated from Malaysia on 9 August 1965.
- The total area of Singapore is 721.5 sq km. (278.6 sq mi), which is made up of 63 islands including Pulau Unjong, the main island.
- The official languages of Singapore are English, Malay, Mandarin and Tamil.
- The name of Singapore currency is Singapore dollar.
- According to the World Bank, the total population of Singapore in 2016 was 56.1 lakh.
- The religion of most people in Singapore is Buddhism, Christianity, Islam and Hinduism.
- The most important ethnic groups in Singapore are Chinese, Malay, and Indian.
- The climate of Singapore is a tropical rainforest climate with temperatures ranging from 22 to 35 degrees Celsius throughout the year.
- The tallest mountain in Singapore is Bukit Timah Hill, which is 164 meters high.
- The longest river of Singapore is the Kallang River, which is 10 km in length.
- One of the most popular tourist destinations in Singapore is the Night Safari, the first zoo to open at night, which was opened on 26 May 1994.
- The world's largest orchid garden is found in the Singapore Botanic Garden.
- Singapore's national flower, Vanda Miss Joaquim, was first discovered by Armenians in 1893.
- The national animal of Singapore is the Lion.
- 28 January 1819 - Sir Stamford Raffles discovered Singapore.
- 06 February 1819 - A formal treaty between Husain Shah of Johor and British Sir Stamford Rafals established a trade agreement in Singapore.
- 06 February 1819 - British official Stamford Raffles signed a treaty with Sultan Hussain Shah of Johor, establishing Singapore as a trading post for the British East India Company.
- 05 June 1823 - The Raffles Institution was established as the Singapore Institution by the founder of Singapore, Sir Stamford Raffles.
- 01 March 1886 - The Anglo-Chinese school in Singapore was founded by Bishop William Oldham.
- 21 October 1934 - Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose founded Azad Hind Fauj in Singapore.
- 14 February 1938 - The British Navy started operations in Singapore.
- 31 January 1942 - Second World War: Allied forces retreated from British Malaya to Singapore, ceding control of the country to Japan.
- 18 February 1942 - World War II-The Imperial Japanese Army began the systematic extermination of perceived hostile elements among Chinese Singaporeans.
- 23 October 1943 - Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose founded the 'Rani Brigade of Jhansi' of Azad Hind Fauj in Singapore.
Definition of international border: L = Land Border | M = Maritime Border
The capital of Singapore is Singapore.
The currency of Singapore is Singapore Dollar .
Singapore is the part of Asia continent.
The languages spoken in Singapore are Malay, Chinese (Mandarin), Tamil, English.
The national anthem of Singapore is "Majulah Singapura, (Onward Singapore)".
Lee Kuan Yew is considered the founder/father of Modern Singapore.