Mali has a different place in the geography of the world. There are many things in this country that differentiate this country from other countries such as language, living, clothing, culture, religion, business. Lets learn about some such unique facts related to the Mali and important events related to Mali history, knowing that your knowledge will increase.
Mali Country Profile
|Currency||West African CFA franc|
|Formation||September 22, 1960|
The Mali country of today once used to be a part of the three kingdoms which controlled the Trans-Sahara trade, the Ghana Empire, the Mali Empire (from which the Mali name is derived) and the Songhai Empire. But in the late 1800s it came under French control and became a part of French Sudan. In 1959 Mali became independent from Senegal under the name of Mali Sangha. A year later the Federation of Mali became an independent nation Mali. After a long period of one-party rule, the 1991 coup led to the formation of a new constitution and power as a republic and a multi-party state. Nearly half of the country's population lives on the international poverty line, earning less than US $ 1.25 per day.
The northern border of Mali country, divided into eight regions, runs to the center of the Sahara, while the southern region of the country, where the majority of the population resides, is characterized by the Niger and Senegal rivers. The country's economy is dependent on farming and fisheries. Some of Mali's natural resources include gold, uranium, and salt. Mali is one of the poorest countries in the world. The average worker has an annual salary of about US $ 1,500.
Mali, officially the Republic of Mali (French: République du Mali), is a landlocked country located in West Africa. Mali, the seventh largest country in Africa, borders Algeria to the north, Niger to the east, Burkina Faso and Code the Ivor to the south, Guinea to the southwest and Senegal and Marituana to the west. The population of this country, some larger than 12,40,000 sq km, is about 1,30,00,000. Its capital is Bamako.
The official language of Mali is French and more than 40 African languages are also spoken by various ethnic groups. About 80% of Mali's population can communicate in Bambara, which serves as an important lingua franca.
Mali Important Facts
- Mali is officially located in the western Mali Republic of Africa.
- Mali borders Burkina Faso and Côté Divar to the south, Algeria to the north, Niger to the east, Guinea to the southwest, and Senegal and Marituana to the west.
- Mali was colonized by the Europeans in 1892 and became independent on 20 June 1960.
- The total area of Mali is 1,240,192 sq km. (478,839 sq mi).
- The official language of Mali is French and Bambara is the recognized regional language.
- The currency of Mali is the West African CFA Franc.
- According to the World Bank, the total population of Mali was 1.81 crore in 2016.
- Mali is an Islamic country.
- The tallest mountain in Mali is Hombori Tondo, which has a height of 1,153 meters.
- The largest and longest river of Mali is Niger, with a length of 4,180 km.
- The national animal of Mali is leopard.
Mali Important History Events
- 08 September 1320 - Ghazi Malik Gayasudin Tughlaq) became the Sultan of Delhi.
- 22 August 1320 - Sultan Nasiruddin Khusro of Delhi was defeated by Ghazi Malik.
- 14 july 1798 - The Sedition Act became United States law, making it a federalcrime to write, publish, or utter false or malicious statements aboutthe U.S. government.
- 01 June 1845 - Homaling Pigeon completed an 11,000-kilometer trip to Namibia-London in 55 days.
- 03 december 1904 - Himalia, the largest irregular satellite of Jupiter, was discovered by astronomer Charles Dillon Perrine at the Lick Observatoryin San Jose, California.
- 29 January 1921 - Malik Faisal I was chosen as the King of Iraq on the basis of the role created by Britain.
- 23 november 1934 - An Anglo-Ethiopian boundary commission in the Ogadenencountered a garrison of Somalis in Italian service at Walwal, whichled to the Abyssinia Crisis.
- 03 august 1940 - World War II-Italy began their invasion of British Somaliland.
- 16 October 1948 - India's famous actress and Bharatanatyam dancer Hema Malini was born.
- 12 February 1948 - Hasan al-Banna, the famous Egyptian militant and founder of the Ikhwanul Muslimeen organization, was conspired and martyred by the then Egyptian King Malik Farooq.
Populated Cities of Mali
Yelimane, Menaka, Aguelhok, Goundam, Kayes, Satadougou, Timbuktu, Kati, Beledweyne, Gaalkacyo, Tessalit, Mereeg, Markala, Caluula, Boosaaso, Kita, Dhuusa Mareeb, Sokolo, San, Araouane, Bougouni, Luuq, Djenne, Buurhakaba, Buur Gaabo, Banamba, Taoudenni, Bourem, Bafoulabe, Garoowe, Koulikoro, Kismaayo, Sikasso, Marka, Eyl, Jamaame, Nara, Hurdiyo, Kangaba, Hudur, Bamako, Bu'aale, Nioro du Sahel, Bandarbeyla, Qardho, Baydhabo, Garbahaarey, Segou, Gao, Jawhar, Mogadishu, Mopti, Koutiala, Ceerigaabo, Hargeysa, Kidal, Laascaanood, Baki, Burco,
7 Neighbour countries of Mali
Algeria [L] , Burkina Faso [L] , Guinea [L] , Ivory Coast [L] , Mauritania [L] , Niger [L] , Senegal [L] ,
International Border Definition: L = Land Border (भूमि सीमा)| M = Maritime Border (समुद्री सीमा)