Jordan has a different place in the geography of the world. There are many things in this country that differentiate this country from other countries such as language, living, clothing, culture, religion, business. Lets learn about some such unique facts related to the Jordan and important events related to Jordan history, knowing that your knowledge will increase.
Jordan Country Profile
The Nabati Empire ruled here since Jordan Mesopotamia. He developed the Arabic script that led to the writing of modern Arabic. To the south was the kingdom of Edom. It was authorized during the Rashidun period during the empire building of the Arabs. After this, Islam was propagated here. For many centuries, it was ruled by the Islamic Khilafat, Damascus and then Baghdad. It was ruled by the Osmani Turks in 1516 after the Mongol (1259), Crusaders (1020), Ayyubi (1170) and Mamluk regimes. Along with other Arabic nations, it also participated in the First World War against the Osmani Turks. Turkey was defeated in the war and it became part of the British Sasan. It became independent in 1946.
Jordan is the expected 89,341 square kilometers of continents of Asia, Africa and Europe, including Irbid, Zerush and Zarka in the northwest, Amman and Al-Salt, the capital in the mid-west, and Madaba, Al-Karak and Aqaba in the southwest. The major cities in the eastern part of the country are Azrak and the oasis city of the Rooists. To the west, a high tract of arable land and Mediterranean evergreen forest abruptly falls into the Jordan Rift Valley. The Rift Valley contains the Jordan River and the Dead Sea, which separates Jordan from Israel. Jordan has 26 kilometers of coastline on the Gulf of Aqaba in the Red Sea, but is otherwise a landlock.
Jordan is classified by the World Bank as a country of "high human development" with a "high middle income" economy. Jordan's economy, one of the region's smallest economies, is attractive to foreign investors based on a skilled workforce. The country is a major tourist destination, which also attracts medical tourism due to its well developed health sector.
The official language is modern standard Arabic, which is the literary language taught in schools. Most Jordanians originally speak one of the non-standard Arabic dialects, known as Arabic of Jordan. The Jordan sign language is the language of the Deaf community. English, although without official status, is widely spoken throughout the country and is the de facto language of commerce and banking, as well as co-official status in the field of education, with almost all university level classes conducted in English and almost all Is done. German is an increasingly popular language. Since the establishment of the German-Jordan University in 2005, it has been introduced on a large scale.
Jordan Important Facts
- Jordan, officially called the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, is an Arab nation located in the southern part of the Syrian Desert, south of Aqaba Bay in the southwest of Asia.
- Jordan borders Saudi Arabia to the east and south, Israel to the west, Syria to the north, and Iraq to the north-east.
- Jordan gained independence from the United Kingdom (UK) on 25 May 1946.
- The total area of Jordan is 89,341 sq km. (34,495 sq mi).
- The official language of Jordan is Arabic.
- The name of the currency of Jordan is the Jordanian Dinar.
- According to the World Bank, Jordan had a total population of 94.6 million in 2016.
- The religion of the majority of the people in Jordan is Islam which is mostly from the Sunni community.
- The most important ethnic group in Jordan is Arabic.
- The highest mountain in Jordan is Jabal Umm ad Dami, which has a height of 1,854 meters.
- The Jordan River is the longest river in Jordan, with a length of 251 km.
- Jordan's largest lake is the Sea of Galilee, which is 166 sq km. Spreads over.
- Petra, one of the seven wonders in Jordan, is a famous archaeological site, dating to 300 BC. Nabatan used to be the capital of the empire.
- There has been a planetary war in Jordan from September 1970 to July 1971 which is called Black September.
- The national animal of Jordan is Arabian oryx and the national bird is Sinai rosefinch.
Jordan Important History Events
- 16 April 1799 - Napoleon Wars: Battle of Mount Tabor - Napoleon used to drive Ottoman Turks across the Jordan River near Ecker Sek.
- 19 September 1918 - The third Transjordan attack began in the Jordan Valley.
- 11 april 1921 - Emir Abdullah established the first centralized government in the recently created British protectorate of Transjordan.
- 29 september 1923 - The British Mandate for Palestine came into effect, officially creating the protectorates of Palestine (to include a Jewish homeland)under British administration and Transjordan as a separate emirate under Abdullah I.
- 22 march 1945 - Egypt, Iraq, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Transjordan, andYemen founded the Arab League, a regional organization that facilitates political, economic, cultural, scientific and social programs designedto promote the interests of the Arab world.
- 25 may 1946 - Abdullah bin Husayn, Emir of the Emirate of Transjordan, was proclaimed King of the renamed 'Hashemite Kingdom of Transjordan'.
- 15 february 1949 - Gerald Lankester Harding and Roland de Vaux began excavationsat Cave 1 of the Qumran Caves in the West Bank region of Jordan, thelocation of the first seven Dead Sea Scrolls.
- 20 July 1951 - The King of Jordan was killed in an attack on King Abdullah I in Jerusalem.
- 11 august 1952 - King Talal of Jordan abdicated due to health reasons and was succeeded by his eldest son Hussein.
- 05 november 1953 - According to a revelation, Israel and Arab states had been previously cautioned that the United States could not financially support the Middle East forever. The cause of this burden was mainly because of the plans to build the Jordan River, and to aid 800,000 Israeli refugees.
Populated Cities of Jordan
Al Aqabah, Az Zarqa, Al Karak, Irbid, Al Mafraq, Ma'an, At Tafilah, As Salt, Amman, Jarash, `Ajlun, Madaba,
6 Neighbour countries of Jordan
Egypt [M] , Iraq [L] , Israel [LM] , Palestine [L] , Saudi Arabia [LM] , Syria [L] ,
International Border Definition: L = Land Border (भूमि सीमा)| M = Maritime Border (समुद्री सीमा)