Myanmar has a different place in the geography of the world. There are many things in this country that differentiate this country from other countries such as language, living, clothing, culture, religion, business. Lets learn about some such unique facts related to the Myanmar and important events related to Myanmar history, knowing that your knowledge will increase.
Myanmar Country Profile
In Burmese language, Myanmar is known as Myanma or Bama. After the British Raj, this country came to be known as 'Burma' in English. In 1989, the country's military government changed the old English names to the traditional Burmese names. In this way, Myanmar is named 'Myanma' and the former capital and the largest Rangoon is Yangon. Archaeological evidence suggests that Homo erectus lived in an area now known as Myanmar for 750,000 years. After which in the 12th and 13th centuries, the Pagan Empire and the Khmer Empire were the two main powers, mainly in Southeast Asia. One of which was established in Myanmar. On 4 January 1948, under the terms of the Burma Independence Act 1947, the nation became an independent republic. The new country was named Burma Union, with Sao Shwe Thicke as its first president and Yu Nu its first prime minister.
The climate here is tropical in which there are three seasons: first, the rainy season, which lasts from mid-May to mid-October; Second, the summer season, which lasts from April-May to October or November. Third, the winter season, which lasts from December to March. During the monsoon season, there was 200 inches in Upper Myanmar, Rangoon located in the south receives 100 inches of rainfall. The dry part of the middle receives 25 to 35 inches of rainfall. Low Myanmar's winter temperature is 15.5 degrees Celsius. And the heat temperature is 38 degrees Celsius. Stays till. In central Myanmar, the temperature of summer is higher than the winter temperature of lower Myanmar and less than the temperature of summer.
Myanmar is a member of the East Asia Summit, NAM, ASEAN and BIMSTEC, but is not a member of the Commonwealth of Nations. It is a country rich in jade and gems, oil, natural gas and other mineral resources. Myanmar is also endowed with renewable energy; It has the highest solar power capacity compared to other countries in the Great Mekong subdivision. In 2013, its GDP (nominal) was US $ 56.7 billion and USDP (PPP) was US $ 221.5 billion. The income gap in Myanmar is the widest in the world, as a large part of the economy is controlled by supporters of the former military government. As of 2016, according to the Human Development Index, Myanmar ranks 145 out of 188 countries in human development.
Burmese language, independent country is the official language of Myanmar (Burma). It is mainly spoken in Brahmadesh (Sanskrit name of Burma). Some people also use this language in the Indian states of Assam, Manipur and Andaman and Nicobar Islands bordering Myanmar.
Myanmar Important Facts
- Myanmar is located in the south of Asia known as Burma before 1989 which was a part of British India before 1937.
- Myanmar is bordered by Laos and Thailand to the southeast, India and Bangladesh to the northwest, and Tibet and China to the north.
- The current capital of Myanmar was Naypyidaw, which became its capital in 2005 before its capital was Rangoon (Yangon).
- Myanmar gained independence from Britain on 4 January 1948 and from 1948 there started a planetary war which continues even today.
- Given the ethnic conflict in Myanmar, there was military rule from 1962 to 2011.
- The total area of Myanmar is 676,578 sq km. (261,228 square miles).
- Burmese is the official language of Myanmar.
- What is the name of Myanmar currency.
- According to the World Bank, the total population of Myanmar in 2016 was 5.29 crore.
- The religion of most people in Myanmar is Theravada Buddhism which is the national religion there.
- The major ethnic groups in Myanmar are the Bamar, Shan, Karen, Rakhine and Som.
- Myanmar has a tropical climate with three seasons: first rainy season from May to October, second summer season from April-May to October or November, third winter season from December to March.
- The highest mountain in Myanmar is Hkakabo Razi, which has a height of 5,881 meters, it is one of the highest mountains in South Asia.
- The most famous Buddhist temple in Myanmar is the Shwedagon Pagoda which was opened in 1372 AD.
- The special feature of Shwedagon Pagoda, the most famous temple of Myanmar, is that it has the remains of Gautam Buddha and more than 4,500 diamonds are attached on its top.
Myanmar Important History Events
- 29 february 1752 - Alaungpaya, a village chief in Upper Burma, founded the Konbaung Dynasty; by the time of his death, he had unified all of Myanmar, and driven out the French and the British.
- 17 December 1949 - Burma now Myanmar) recognized communist China.
- 28 January 1960 - China and Burma (now Myanmar) signed an agreement specifying the border between the two countries.
- 05 April 2002 - It was agreed to complete the More-Kalawa-Mandalay road project between India, Myanmar and Thailand.
- 03 june 2007 - A 6.4 magnitude earthquake strikes southern China near the Myanmar and Laos borders, causing casualties.
- 20 October 2007 - US President George W. Bush announced a new embargo against Myanmar's military rulers.
- 02 may 2008 - Cyclone Nargis is the most damaging cyclone in the history of Myanmar, occurred on May 2, 2008. It had caused major catastrophic destruction and killed more than 130,000 people excluding 55,000 people missing. It started to be formed on 27th April and made landfall in the Ayeyarwady Division of Myanmar at its peak strength with165 km per hour.
- 02 May 2008 - Myanmar Burma killed about 1,38,000 people and left millions homeless due to the severe cyclone "Nargis".
- 05 january 2012 - William Hague begins a 2 day tour of Myanmar. It is believed that the visit of the UK secretary of state for foreign and commonwealth affairs will be historic.
- 27 september 2012 - The United States announces that it will seek to lift one of its bans. This ban was on imported goods from Myanmar.
5 Neighbour countries of Myanmar
List of famous people of Myanmar
|Birth Year||Death Year||Name / Gender / Category / Country|
|1945||Aung San Suu Kyi / male / Politician / Myanmar|