Thailand has a different place in the geography of the world. There are many things in this country that differentiate this country from other countries such as language, living, clothing, culture, religion, business. Lets learn about some such unique facts related to the Thailand and important events related to Thailand history, knowing that your knowledge will increase.
Thailand Country Profile
The people of Thailand migrated from southwestern China to mainland Southeast Asia from the 11th century and the earliest mention of their presence in the region dates back to the 12th century name of Siamese. During the 18th and 19th centuries, Siam faced imperialist pressure from France and the United Kingdom After a bloodless revolution in 1932, Siam became a constitutional monarchy and was renamed "Thailand".
Thailand is the 50th largest country by total area, with a total area of 513,120 square kilometers. It is slightly smaller than Yemen and slightly larger than Spain. Thailand consists of several different geographical regions, partly corresponding to provincial groups. To the north of the country lies the mountainous region of the Thai Highlands, with Thanon being the highest place in the Thong Chai Range. The climate of Thailand is influenced by monsoon winds which have a seasonal character (southwest and north-east monsoon). Most of the country is classified as the tropical savannah climate of Köppen.
Thailand is an emerging economy and is considered a newly industrialized country. 2017 in Thailand was US $ 1.236 trillion (on purchasing power parity basis). Thailand is the second largest economy in Southeast Asia after Indonesia. Thailand is the 4th richest per capita GDP in GDP after Singapore, Brunei and Malaysia. In the third quarter of 2014, according to Thailand's National Economic and Social Development Board (NDBDB) the unemployment rate in Thailand was 0.84%.
Thailand's official language is Thai, a cry-dai language that relates to Lao, Shan in Myanmar, and Hainan and Yunnan are a number of minor languages spoken in an arc from the south to the Chinese border. It is the principal language of education and government and is spoken throughout the country. The standard is based on the dialect of the Central Thai people
Thailand Important Facts
- Thailand, officially called the Kingdom of Thailand, is located in the Southeast of Asia.
- Thailand is bordered by Malaysia to the south, Laos and Cambodia to the east, and Myanmar to the west.
- Thailand is the only Southeast Asian country that was never colonized by a European country.
- Thailand received its name on May 11, 1949, before it was called as Shyamadesh or Siam.
- The total area of Thailand is 513,120 sq km. (198,120 sq mi).
- Thai is the official language of Thailand.
- The name of the currency of Thailand is Baht.
- According to the World Bank, the total population of Thailand in 2016 was 6.89 crore.
- The religion of most people in Thailand is Buddhism, Islam, Christianity and Hinduism.
- The most important ethnic groups in Thailand are Central Thai, Khon Isan, Khon Mong, Thai Chinese and Southern Thai.
- The tallest mountain in Thailand is Doi Inthanon, which has an altitude of 2,565 meters.
- The longest river in Thailand is the Chi River, which has a length of 765 km.
- Due to the 2004 tsunami in Thailand, up to 30 feet high water was hit on the Thailand Tato, in which about 8000 people died, about 1500 children were orphaned and more than 1.5 lakh people lost their jobs.
- The mudskipper fish of Thailand is a unique creature because it can walk on the earth and can also climb trees.
- The famous text in Thailand is Ramakien, which is actually the Thai version of the Ramayana.
Thailand Important History Events
- 28 February 1767 - King Takasin became the king of Thailand and made Thonburi his capital.
- 28 December 1767 - King Texin was crowned King of Thailand and established Thonburi as its capital.
- 28 december 1768 - Taksin the Great was crowned king of the newly established Thonburi Kingdom in the new capital at Thonburi, present-day Thailand.
- 06 may 1782 - Construction began on the Grand Palace of Bangkok, the officialresidence of the King of Thailand.
- 09 june 1946 - Bhumibol Adulyadej, the world's longest-reigning currentmonarch, ascended to the throne of Thailand.
- 16 December 1946 - Thailand became a member of the United Nations.
- 08 June 1949 - Syam was renamed as Thailand. Because of this, some people especially Chinese people who live here, even today like to call Thailand by the name of Siamese. The capital of Thailand is Bangkok.
- 08 July 1955 - Burkha University was established in Chonburi Province, Thailand.
- 08 august 1967 - Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailandfounded the Association of Southeast Asian Nations.
- 28 March 1981 - Indonesian terrorists hijacked a plane in Thailand's capital Bangkok.
Populated Cities of Thailand
Chanthaburi, Phangnga, Mae Hong Son, Phetchaburi, Chumphon, Nan, Prachin Buri, Uttaradit, Sakhon Nakhon, Saraburi, Narathiwat, Bangkok, Kanchanaburi, Samut Sakhon, Surin, Kamphaeng Phet, Chaiyaphum, Lop Buri, Nakhon Phanom, Kalasin, Supham Buri, Maha Sarakham, Phetchabun, Hua Hin, Chachoengsao, Songkhla, Buriram, Mae Sot, Sisaket, Phatthalung, Chiang Mai, Roi Et, Samut Prakan, Phrae, Rayong, Phichit, Loei, Samut Songkhram, Satun, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Nakhon Ratchasima, Tak, Hat Yai, Krabi, Thung Song, Ubon Ratchathani, Nonthaburi, Khon Kaen, Udon Thani, Ranong, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Chon Buri, Aranyaprathet, Uthai Thani, Yasothon, Trat, Nakhon Nayok, Phayao, Lampang, Sing Buri, Bua Yai, Si Racha, Phitsanulok, Surat Thani, Chainat, Pathum Thani, Pattani, Yala, Trang, Ayutthaya, Phuket, Lamphun, Ang Thong, Nakhon Pathom, Chiang Rai, Nakhon Sawan, Ratchaburi, Nong Khai, Sukhothai, Amnat Charoen, Bueng Kan, Sa Kaeo, Mukdahan, Nong Bua Lamphu,